Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Always Be Closing!

So lately I've been gravitating towards the great film speeches. Two of the best are by the great Al Pacino. 

First is Any Given Sunday. 

The older I get (and to be fair, I'm not very old), the more accurate this metaphor gets. How small the difference between winning and losing! Especially when I watch my co-workers and see the spectrum of where people end up, you can see where people stop pushing. 

And secondly, Alec Baldwin's performance in Glengarry Glen Ross (just put on in an excellent performance at Portland State University.



Beyond the obvious stellar cast of actors involved in this project, what impact this has! You cut it or your out. You want to be big, play big. 

We're all just left wondering whether we can play big. 

No comments: